DESIGNING A PLATE FOUNDATION
I PERFORM DESIGN OF PLATE FOUNDATIONS: MTR RG.NR: EEP003640; EPE001183
The strength of the insulated plate foundation is ensured by a properly designed reinforced concrete slab, a concrete selection, a process of concreting and the proper performance of the earthworks. In these conditions, the L-block of EPS 200 will be stable and effective.
When designing a plate foundation for EPS modules, consider the following:
- The plate foundation is constructed as an upturned ceiling with point support.
- The building to be designed must be without a basement.
- The base plan of the building must be compact.
- In contrast to the strip footing, the bearing plane of the plate foundation is larger, the loads are evenly distributed over the entire foundation, which allows constructing massive buildings on soil with medium load bearing capacity.
- It is not necessary to take into account the frost line of soil when constructing a plate foundation from the EPS modules.
- In order to avoid cold bridges, the thermal insulation of the outer walls of the building should be on the outside of the structure (all stone and concrete buildings with the outside thermal as well as timber frame buildings) so that the outer edge of the L-block of the foundation is connected to the wall insulation.
- In the EPS modules, the foundation plate is the basis for designing an energy-efficient house, since there are no thermal bridges in the thermal insulation.
- Constructing the plate foundation does not require waterproofing, and the EPS modules can also be constructed in complicated hydrogeological conditions.
- In order to calculate the reinforcement of the foundation, it is necessary to know the gravity of the building constructions, the soil data, and hydrogeological conditions.